Saturday, June 5, 2010

Crunch time..



So, I have about 10 days until all of my assignments are due for school. Yikes! I need to start shooting like a madman. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. Hopefully....

I visited my family on Monday! It was much needed. I cooked a salmon, rice and veggie dinner for everyone. Mind you, when I first moved away from Riverside I wasn't completely certain how to boil an egg. Ive made great strides in my self-efficiency arena. I actually really enjoy cooking now. Who would have ever imagined that. I remember a time when a common argument with my grandmother went something like this:

her: "Mija, when are you going to learn how to cook?"

me: "Never."

her: "Mija, what about when you get married? You'll have to cook for your husband!"

me: "Abuelita, the times are different now. My husband is going to cook for ME!"

She usually shook her head in disaproval at my response. I hope she is proud of me.

My trip home made me a bit more homesick. I can't wait to be done with school so that I can be close to the ones I love and start my farm :)

I dont get to see my niece, Elena, enough. She is growning to fast. She will be 1 year this August. She is such a beauty. She is very observant. I look forward to watching her grow..













No comments:

Post a Comment