Monday, May 31, 2010

A day of exploration



Pat and I have been on a bike hunt. I know, I know. We already have pretty beach cruisers. The truth of the matter is that we dont cruise the beach all too often. Using them as commuter bikes is tiresome. So, we are on the prowl for road bikes. Pat bought one today in Solvang. It is about 40 minutes north of Santa Barbara and is a nice scenic drive along the coast. Solvang itself is a little destination spot with interesting architecture. While there we did some wine tasting! It was our first wine tasting experience. Im glad we did it on a whim. Pat doesn't even really like wine, but didn't complain one bit. Oh, how I love him.










Here are are soon to be ex bikes. RIP. I shall miss your beauty






Now, before our little adventure I had to take care of some business for school. It involved documentation that I visited an art museum. Since Santa Barbara has it's very own art museum with free admission, it seemed the practical choice. Pat was a little upset at some of statues. I'll let you guess which ones bothered him most :)









Overall, a very good day. I woke up grumpy for a graveyard shift due to lack of sleep, but these pictures made me happy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment