Monday, July 19, 2010

Portrait of a loved one

My first assignment was to take a portrait of a loved one without them being present in the photo. It could be someone alive or of someone who has already passed on.

I decided almost right away that I would take a picture of my grandmother. It's one of my deepest regrets that I had not discovered photography sooner so that I could have captured her beauty. So, this was a perfect opportunity to make up for it, in some way. My abuelita. I miss her so much. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her. I wish with all my heart that I could still talk to her. I wish that I could give her the biggest hug and kiss her cool cheeks. She was a center of my life, and still is. So, here is the closest I get to how I see her...

No comments:

Post a Comment